Monday, August 2, 2010

Thanks for your support!

Although climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is a personal challenge, I am also using the training and climb as challenge to raise money for the American Lung Association. Over the years my family has been especially hard hit by lung diseases. My grandmother, father, uncle and sister all suffered with severe and often debilitating asthma. Two of my grandparents died from emphysema, and my mom is battling interstitial lung disease.

During the past few weeks I have been reaching out to friends and colleagues, asking for support. So far 30 folks have become donors!

Once again, thanks for your support. It helps motivate me to work harder during training, and shows we all share a concern for others who are in need. Your donations will make a difference for people suffering from lung diseases.

If you have not made a donation to the American Lung Association, please visit my challenge page and contribute. If you have made a donation, and your employer has a matching gift program, please be sure to also complete the matching gift process.

No comments:

Post a Comment