Monday, July 12, 2010

Training Update

Had to take 1.5 weeks off from training: let my toes heal and I was off to visit relatives in Ohio then off to UK and Germany to try and set up collaborations for Merck. Over Independence Day Holiday had a fun time visiting in-laws in Ohio: July 4th parade and fireworks. Took a few 3 mile walks, but no biking or long hikes. So last week I only did 12 miles of biking and no trail hikes.

But this week is off to a good start, I completed a 14.5 mile hike near the Delaware water gap, including a 1000 ft very steep ascent after going 11 miles. Pretty good results: 7.5 hrs on the trail with only minor knee discomfort the last mile going down a steep trail. On Monday added another 22.5 miles of biking. The goal of my training is to do two 15 mile hikes in one weekend without crippling pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment