Monday, July 12, 2010

Trip Update

I've now paid for air fare, birding tour and climbing tour, I'll be in Africa from Sept. 4 to Oct 3. I've gotten most of my vaccinations, just lacking the critical Yellow fever and boasters for HepA and HepB.
Now I need to get my Visas, which may require a trip into NYC and or Washington DC, I will be calling the Kenya and Tanzania consulates tomorrow to see what I need to do.
Also working on trip insurance and travelers medical insurance.

Finally I need to buy a lot of gear from REI to prepare for the lowland heat, mud and possible rain and the summit's cold and wind. I get to fill a duffel bag with 30lbs of gear that a porter will carry. Anything else I carry, including a days worth of water, trail mix and power bars for snacks while hiking, camera, binoculars, bird guide, cellphone, extra layers of clothes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment