Friday, October 1, 2010

Mt. Kilimanjaro postscript

Well the climb was completed successfully, I'll always remember that feeling of accomplishment and sheer wonder that I climbed over 19000 feet to the summit of Africa's tallest peak.
But one more goal remains to be reached. Please join me in supporting the American Lung Association. I have made it my goal to raise $5000 in memory of my Dad, a life long sufferer from severe asthma that contributed to his early death.
Many of you have already made a donation and we are over 80% of the way to my goal. Thank-you, your support is appreciated and was a motivation for me to train seriously and work through various bouts of knee pain, but please consider donating a second time.
If you have not made a donation, please do so today.
Just go to:
http://action.lungusa.org/site/TR/ClimbForCleanAir/CALANY_New_York?px=4267567&pg=personal&fr_id=2730

Thanks again for your support!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS Doug. An amazing accomplishment, indeed!
    I bet you're now secretly planning another excursion. The thrill
    you just experienced could become very addicting I bet!?
    So, anything else on your 'bucket list'?

    -steve
    Rochester,MN

    ps....I bet the night skies were pristine, and a stargazer's
    heaven

    ReplyDelete